Cookies are short fragments of text (letters and/or numbers) which allow the web server to collect information on the customer (the browser) which will be used again in following visits to the same site (session cookies) or at a later time, even days apart (persistent cookies). The cookies get stored based on the user’s preferences, from a single browser on the specific device being used (computer, tablet, smartphone). Similar technology, like web beacons, transparent GIF and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5 are used for collecting information on the user’s behavior and use of services. Proceeding in this document we will refer to cookies and all similar technology using the term “cookies”.
Types of Cookies
- Analysis and performance cookies. They are cookies which are used to collect and analyze the traffic and use on the site anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, reveal if this same user signs on again in other moments. In addition, they also monitor the system and improve its performance and usage. Deactivating these cookies can be done without any loss of functions.
- Profiling or behavioral cookies. It deals with the use of persistent or permanent cookies to identify (either anonymously or not) the user’s preferences and improve their browsing experience. The www.umbertocesari.it website does not use this type of cookies.
By visiting a site, cookies can be received both from the the site visited (“the owners”) and sites managed by other organizations (“third parties”). A notable example is in the presence of ‘social plugins’ for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. It deals with part of a visited page generated directly by the above sites and integrated in the host domain. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks. The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of the information collected by “third parties” is regulated by regulations which you are welcomed to refer to. To ensure greater clarity and convenience, the web addresses with various information and procedures in managing cookies follow.
- Facebook information: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies
- Facebook (configuration): Sign into your account. Select privacy.
- Twitter information: https://twitter.com/settings/security
The site www.umbertocesari.it also includes some information by Google Analytics, a service on web traffic analysis provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Even in this case, it deals with third-party cookies which get collected and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookies).
Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect and analyze information on the behavioral usage of the www.umbertocesari.it website anonymously (including the user’s IP address). This information gets collected by Google Analytics which processes it in order to draw up reports for Umberto Cesari operators regarding the activity on these same websites. This website does not use (nor allow third parties to use) the Google analysis tool to monitor or collect personal identification information. Google does not associate the IP address with any other data in possession nor does it try to connect the IP address to the identity of the user. Google can also communicate this information to third parties if imposed by law or where these third parties concern the above mentioned information, refer to the following link indicated below:
The user can selectively disable the function of Google Analytics by installing the opt out option provided by Google on their browser. In order to disable the action of Google Analytics, refer to the following link below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Duration of Cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active until the browser is shut down. Other cookies “survive” the shutting down of the browser and are also available in future visits by the user. These cookies are known as persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases there is a deadline set and in other cases the duration is unlimited.
The site www.umbertocesari.it memorizes information solely for technical purposes, and does not use persistent cookies.
However, browsing on the www.umbertocesari.it website pages may result in interaction with sites operated by third parties who can create or modify persistent cookies and profiling.
The user can decide whether to accept cookies by using the settings on the browser.
Warning: access to public content is possible even by completely disabling cookies. The disabling of “third-party” cookies does not compromise browsing in any way.
The settings can be customized specifically for various sites and web applications. In addition, the best browsers allow for different settings for “owner” cookies and for those of “third-party” cookies.
For example, in Firefox, in the Tools menu under > Options > Privacy, it is possible to access a control panel where you are able to specify whether or not to accept different kinds of cookies and proceed with removing them.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/how- to-manage- cookies-in-
- internet-explorer- 9
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
Updates on Umberto Cesari information will keep the current information consistently up to date.